VOLUNTEER POSITION DESCRIPTON
Title of Position: Nourishment Helper
Reporting to: Nursing Department
Purpose of Position: To provide opportunity to interact with residents in an informal setting while giving out nourishment at 10:00 am, 2:00 pm and 7:00 pm.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Receive nourishment cart with diet sheet.
- Follow diet sheet to give out nourishment
- Ask residents what they may want from different juice options.
- If not sure of dietary need, ask the nurse.
- Ensure that residents drink their juice and have their cookies as required
Commitment Required: Daily 10:00 am, 2:00 pm and 7:00 pm
Qualifications And Personal Qualities Required:
- Honest and reliable
- Must watch hands that feed video
- Patient, tactful, well-mannered, polite, flexible
- should feel comfortable being with resident(s)
- General volunteer orientation
- Initial orientation by watching Hands That Feed video
- ongoing orientation and training within the home
Benefits To Volunteer:
- experience personal growth, learning
- Develop trustworthy relationship with staff and residents
- ongoing opportunities for training,
- ongoing recognition events
- Helps younger volunteer make an informed career choice
Location of Position: Longfields Manor, 330 Beatrice Drive, Nepean, ON K2J 5A5.
Contact Name / Nom: Monty Domingo
Phone Number / Numéro de téléphone: 613-823-8999 Ext 225
Email / Courriel: email@example.com
This opportunity is great for / Ce poste serait excellent pour :
- New Canadian Volunteers
- Volunteers with Disabilities
Location / Emplacement: 330 Beatrice Drive Nepean, ON K2J 5A5
Longfields Manor /
We are a Long Term Care facility that provide health care services to seniors who need 24 hours of nursing care. There are 114 residents.
|Address / Adresse:
||330 Beatrice Drive
|City / Ville:
|Postal code / Code Postal:
|Phone Number / Numéro de téléphone:
|Website / Site Web: