LET’S RECOVER TOGETHER
Join the VO Member Community
Volunteer Ottawa helps organizations connect with the volunteers you need. We also provide you with resources, training, and other capacity-boosting tools tailored specifically for charities and not-for-profits in the Ottawa region.
Why become a VO member?
REACH FURTHER with tools like online volunteer recruitment and VO’s social media boosting for members
DO MORE by accessing resources and education designed to help Ottawa’s charities and not-for-profits
CONNECT MEANINGFULLY with volunteers, educators, and not-for-profit professionals in the VO network
As a Volunteer Ottawa member, you will have access to:
Unlimited volunteer recruitment on Ottawa’s #1 most-searched volunteer site
First in line for participant space at VO’s virtual and in-person volunteer recruitment events
Expert-led workshops, webinars, and learning opportunities designed for staff and volunteers in the sector
Amplification on social media and in newsletters so your stories and posts have a broader reach
Learn More about Benefits
- Search VO’s database for the volunteers you need
- Show volunteers all your opportunities in one place on your member profile
- Post as many volunteer opportunities as your organization needs
- Connect with Ottawa corporations and federal government departments seeking employee volunteer opportunities through VO Connect
- VO runs regular, expert-led workshops designed for professionals and volunteers in Ottawa’s not-for-profit space
- Members do not pay $145 registration fee for workshops (seats are first-come, first-serve)
- Members get first priority for VO’s custom workshop design
- Be first in line for exhibition space at VO volunteer recruitment events like the annual Volunteer Expo
- Network with other not-for-profit professionals in Ottawa
- Tag or DM us and we will boost/share your volunteer recruitment posts on social media
- See your reach expanded as VO shares your stories, photos, and events on social media and in our newsletters
- Post your events to VO’s community calendar
- Partner with VO on new community projects
- Vote at the VO Annual General Meeting
Interested in becoming a member? It’s easy to sign up!
Fill out the registration form.
TIP: most users share a single account among any staff members who might use the VO website. If you intend to share the VO member account, please use a username and email address appropriate to a shared account.
Pay by credit card or cheque. Once your payment is processed, the VO team will review your uploaded financial statement and activate your account within approximately 1 week.