ED Network Fundraising Pod
Jenny Mitchell of Chavender will be leading the ED Network’s first sub-group or “pod”, focused on fundraising. You will join other Executive Directors and CEOs for 6 one-hour sessions that feature training, fundraising tools, group discussion and an opportunity to troubleshoot fundraising challenges with a professional fundraiser.
Pod Program Outline
- 6 month program (February to July).
- First meeting: Thursday, February 8 at 3 pm (Zoom)
- Subsequent meetings to be scheduled.
- One call per month for 1 hour. All calls will be recorded and shared with the group.
- All calls will have a “pod topic” and dedicated time for discussion
- Board Engagement in Fundraising: top 10 rules
- How to pick up the phone and talk to donors
- Case Development: how to get
- Crafting a kick ass Annual Appeal letter
- Creative Thanking and Stewardship for your donors
- Fundraising Metrics and Measurement 101
Benefits to Pod participants:
- Network with peers at other not for profit organizations
- Ask questions in a positive learning environment.
- Seek feedback and troubleshoot situations from a professional fundraising consultant.
- Access to new ideas and inspiration every month from the comfort of your desk
- Accountability: re-prioritize fundraising among the many files on your desk
About Your Coach: Jenny Mitchell, CFRE, CEC, DMA
Founder and president of Chavender, Jenny Mitchell (CFRE, DMA), works closely with not-for-profit leaders to change the world – one mission at a time. Chavender assists clients, across Canada and the U.S., to inspire their donors and achieve their fundraising goals through personalized fundraising coaching and training.
Jenny is a speaker, executive coach, podcaster, and professional fundraiser who is passionate about inspiring the very best in others. She completed her Executive Coaching Training at Royal Roads University. She has worked with hundreds of CEOs, executive directors, and high-profile executives on boards of directors across Canada. With Jenny’s coaching and consulting help, her clients have raised millions of dollars in support of their charitable missions – McMichael Canadian Art Collection, University of Ottawa, Alberta Health Services, Queen’s University, CODE International Development, Children’s Aid Foundation of Ottawa, Canadian Federation of University Women (CFUW), Shepherds of Good Hope, Isuarsivik Regional Recovery Centre, Perth and Smiths Falls District Hospital Foundation to name a few.
A sought-after keynote speaker, Jenny has presented at major Fundraising Leadership Conferences (AFP, CAGP, AHP, Planet Philanthropy, bbcon) across North America. She launched her solo podcast in July 2022 entitled Underdog Leadership. Through this platform, she brings stories about the power of leadership, and fundraising as agents of change for the world that we live in. Jenny is a lifelong learner, and actively seeks out people and situations that expand her experiences and her knowledge. Jenny will become a published author with a book entitled Embracing Ambition: empowering women to step out, be seen and lead. In it, she weaves the research on women’s leaders with the first person stories of 12 women CEOs. The book will launch in March 2024 on Amazon.
Before completing her CFRE (certified fundraising executive) Jenny trained as a classical musician and earned her Doctor of Musical Arts. She brings her creative approach, her drive for excellence, and her passion for people to the world of not-for-profits.
ED Network Fundraising Pod
-1 Qty Available