Our Fall Learning Path is a series seven workshops designed to support staff working in Ottawa’s non-profits with their day-to-day work — and to be a space for non-profit professionals to learn, grow, and connect.
This Fall’s sequence of workshops will support professionals in Ottawa’s non-profit sector by:
- Inspiring excellence through effective and inclusive work and workspace practices
- Promoting the acquisition of new skills suited for a dynamic professional landscape
- Providing an opportunity to build local community connections with like-minded peers and organizations
Who should attend?
- Generalist non-profit staff
- Staff with more specific position descriptions who want gain insights into other areas of non-profit work (e.g., a communications officer who wants to know more about grants and project management)
- Coordinators and managers
- Senior leaders
- Volunteer staff
How to register? (For VO members)
Staff and volunteers affiliated with Volunteer Ottawa member organizations can register and attend all these sessions at no additional cost than their organization’s annual membership.
Please contact us at [email protected] to process your registration as an individual affiliated with a Volunteer Ottawa member.
Registrations for individuals not affiliated with a VO member organization
Click on the “Join Now” button and continue to the checkout.
Costs for individuals who are not affiliated with a VO member organization are: $145 per learner per workshop or $725 per learner for the seven-workshop sequence.
When will the workshops take place?
Select Thursdays from September to December, from 9:30 to 11:30 am.
Where will the workshops take place?
Most workshops will be delivered live online through Zoom (expect to receive a link after registration).
Some workshops may have an in-person or hybrid component at Volunteer Ottawa’s office (Rideau Community Hub, 815 St Laurent Blvd., Suite 208-210).
Who will lead these sessions?
Each session will be led by active practitioners in their fields with a passion for the non-profit and charitable sector and eager to share knowledge and skills with the VO community.
VO Staff hosts and actively participates in these sessions to enhance participation.
2023 Fall Confirmed Schedule and Facilitators
- September 14, 9:30 to 11:30 am – Preparing Strong Grant Applications with Tais McNeill (Ottawa Community Foundation)
- September 28, 9:30 to 11:30 am – Foundations of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion in Non-Profits with Dwaine Taylor, MNPL (newpact and Carleton University)
- October 5, 9:30 to 11:30 am – Building Inclusive Non-Profit Workplaces with Alice D’Abreu (Monday Morning Consulting)
- November 2, 9:30 to 11:30 am – Project Management Essentials with Adonis “Don” Sucalit (Cornerstone Leadership)
- November 16, Volunteer Engagement Fundamentals for Non-Profit Staff with Adam Janes, CVA (Ottawa Food Bank)
- November 30, 9:30 to 11:30 am – Workshop in development, more news soon!
- December 14, 9:30 to 11:30 am – Canva for Non-Designers: Bringing your Communications Plan to Life with Amy VanTorre (Volunteer Ottawa)
5 Qty Available