How Youth Benefit Not-For-Profits
Did you know that in 2018, Canadian youth had the highest overall volunteering rate amongst all generations? Youth are looking for direct, impactful volunteering opportunities to make a difference in their own communities. Youth volunteers:
- Bring new perspectives, ideas and skills
- Raise awareness of your not-for-profit through their networks
- Help build organizations’ capacity to run more programs and services
- Act as future volunteer leaders, staff, board members, etc.
- Create a regenerative volunteer pool
Investing in youth volunteers reaps both short and long-term benefits for not-for-profits. Giving youth the opportunity to realize their potential as civically engaged, active volunteers helps them develop lifelong skills and experiences that carry over into adulthood.