Administrative Support (Reception)
CCI Ottawa is seeking volunteers to provide Administrative Support at our Reception Area at Head Office (219 Argyle Ave) on an ongoing basis starting immediately.
Volunteers provide valuable support by acting as a first point of contact, welcoming clients to the building; directing clients to scheduled appointments; scheduling appointments for new clients; offering interpretation/translation as needed; and, taking on a variety of other administrative duties/tasks as needed.
We aim to engage volunteers with this role who may have some administrative or customer service experience; are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment; and, are able to utilize various forms of technology to streamline administrative processes (eg. communicating effectively using Microsoft Teams).
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
Volunteers MUST possess the following:
• High degrees of cultural awareness and sensitivity, patience, open-mindedness;
• Able to make a long-term 4+ month commitment to the role;
• Available for minimum 1 volunteer shift /week (10am – 2pm, Monday-Friday) based on needs; \
• Experience providing administrative support and/or in the customer service field;
• Very strong oral communication skills (multiple languages are an asset);
• Comfortable performing various administrative tasks – answering phone, scheduling appointments, directing clients to appointments;
• Comfortable using technology, especially Microsoft Teams, to communicate internally with CCI Staff;
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment as part of a team.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED…
Please contact us via email ([email protected]) and provide the following:
– Copy of your most recent Resume/CV
– Availability (which weekly shift you hope to support, Monday-Friday, 10am-2pm)
– Any additional relevant skills or information you would like to share.
How will this opportunity benefit the volunteer?
By volunteering in this role, volunteers will achieve:
• Enhanced experience working with culturally and ethnically diverse populations;
• Improved connections in community, especially cross-cultural connections;
• Results-based satisfaction from directly supporting newcomers and the newcomer community;
• Valuable work experience in an administrative role and development of transferrable skills.
How will the organization benefit?
This role will benefit the organization by:
• Ensuring a positive and efficient experience for newcomer clients accessing CCI programs and services;
• Improving the integration process for newcomers and supporting newcomers in becoming valuable members of their new community;
• Building a more welcoming community in Ottawa, more willing to provide supports for newcomers regardless of their circumstances.
219 Argyle Avenue, Ottawa, ON K2P 2H4
Share this volunteer opportunity