ARE YOU A DYNAMIC WOMAN LOOKING TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE?
Nelson House of Ottawa Carleton is seeking four exceptional women of all ages and from diverse backgrounds to join our Board of Directors. The Board plays a critical role in the governance of Nelson House and has regular Board meetings on a monthly basis. Board members also participate in the Board’s committees including the Governance, Finance, Human Resources and Fundraising Committees. Meetings are currently held virtually.
– Commitment to a feminist analysis and practice;
– Willingness to participate in ongoing Board work and taking on executive positions on the Board (after receiving training and completing job shadowing).
– Available to serve on the Board for a minimum of two years.
– Work well in a diverse and collaborative environment.
Assets/experience desired include:
– Knowledge of gender based violence issues;
– Previous non-profit Board experience or non-profit Board training;
– Financial management and accounting experience;
– Fundraising and marketing experience;
– Labour relations experience;
Please e-mail your expression of interest and CV to [email protected]
If selected, you will be contacted for a personal interview. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis starting April 18, 2022 and the recruitment process will continue until the positions have been filled.
How will this opportunity benefit the volunteer?
Nelson House strives to promote equity through recruiting women from traditionally excluded/oppressed groups, including, but not limited to women with disabilities, Aboriginal, Métis and Inuit women, racialized women, immigrants and refugees, lesbian, gay and bisexual, trans women, seniors, Francophones, and women with low-incomes. Women from these groups are especially encouraged to apply.
P.O. Box 5381, LCD Merivale,
Share this volunteer opportunity