Awareness & Recruitment Volunteers - Orleans PDC
Our Awareness & Recruitment Volunteers are responsible for raising awareness in the community about why there is a need for plasma and recruiting new plasma donors.
· Able to communicate information clearly
· Approachable and outgoing
· Ability to stand and move around in the donor centre on a regular basis – minimum of 4 hour shifts.
· Excellent conversation skills
· Able to work independently, as well as in a team environment
· Able to relate to different personalities and age groups in a variety of situations
· Able to observe and react appropriately to adverse situations
· Professional, in manner and appearance
· Reliable and punctual
· Reflect the values and mission of Canadian Blood Services
· Bilingualism is an asset, but not required
Volunteers should commit to one event per month. Shifts will be approximately four hours in length.
How will this opportunity benefit the volunteer?
• Satisfaction of knowing efforts are helping save lives and improving the quality of life of those requiring plasma and plasma products
• Opportunity to network and meet new people in local community
• Learn valuable skills and gain experience for personal and professional development
• Regular recognition and invitations to appreciation and recognition events
How will the organization benefit?
By raising awareness in the community about Canadian Blood Services programs and initiatives and recruiting new donors, we will welcome more people who want to support Canada’s Lifeline and ultimately assist the millions of Canadians who will need plasma or other blood products.
110 Place d'Orleans Dr,
Share this volunteer opportunity