Volunteer Types: Governance (Boards, Committees)
Organization types: Community and Social Services
Ongoing (more than a year)
Application Deadline: May 10, 2022
We are looking for new Board members! We invite clients of our services and/or members of the Francophone community to become involved as volunteers on our Board of Directors. The candidates must:
– be clients of the Sandy Hill Community Health Centre and/or identify themselves as Francophones,
– be aware of the Centre’s role in the community and support our mission,
– be 18 years of age or older,
– have awareness of current health and social issues,
– be residents of the city of Ottawa,
– commit to monthly meetings, advocacy and networking activities for a two-year term.
How will this opportunity benefit the volunteer?
Volunteers on this position will:
- learn about the Sandy Hill Community Health Centre at a governance level,
- will learn about the day-to-day operations of the Centre and its role in the community,
- will have the opportunity to work with the Management Team to develop the organization's Strategic Plan,
- will have an opportunity to address and advocate on various issues that impact the community,
How will the organization benefit?
The Centre is always open to new ideas and welcomes on its Board of Directors people with work or personal experience in various fields.
Sandy Hill Community Health Centre
221 Nelson Street
Ottawa ON K1N 1C7
@Sandy Hill Community Health Centre
Time it will take to contact applicants:
This position would be great for: Adults, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors (65+), Young Adults (19-24)
Number of Positions Available: 2
Good for people interested in: Governance (Boards, Committees)
Share this volunteer opportunity