Board Director - VHA Health & Home Support
VHA is seeking interested and dynamic people to join the Board of Directors of this not-for profit organization.
VHA Health & Home Support (www.vhaottawa.ca) brings wellness services to people’s lives. Our goal is to promote personal well-being through professional care, support and education to clients and their loved ones – when and where they need it most. We are dedicated to our community, and determined to help people affected by health challenges enjoy the dignity and independence of living the way they want to live. VHA was incorporated in 1955 as a not-for-profit organization.
We are looking for individuals who can bring some or all of the following attributes to the board:
• Knowledge and/or experience in health care (especially home care), social services or related fields
• Experience as a caregiver
• Cultural and ethnic diversity, and/or diverse life experiences
• housing/construction/ property management
• Understanding of policy/strategic governance, and the difference between operations and governance.
Meetings are held in person, every 6-8 weeks, on Mondays from 4 pm – 6:30 pm.
Interested persons should submit their resumé or bio and a short cover letter outlining the following:
• Why would you like to serve on the VHA Board?
• What special skills, resources or perspectives can you bring to the VHA Board?
• VHA has a policy of mandatory COVID-19 vaccination (2 shots + 1 booster). Are you vaccinated?
* What do you hope to accomplish as a VHA Board member?
How will this opportunity benefit the volunteer?
The Board provides leadership in providing community support services to the residents of Ottawa. You will learn about community-based services in your community and across Ontario, and about the Ontario health care system in general.
"My participation on the VHA Board has been very rewarding. We work as a team, identifying gaps and creating service goals. It’s when you can see the results—when someone in our community has a burden lifted or a better quality of life because of the work we, as an organization, have done. Being part of that—it’s a very special feeling.” — VHA Board member
How will the organization benefit?
The Board provides leadership, sets policy and oversees the organization’s long term planning.
250 City Centre Avenue
Ottawa, ON K1R 6K7
Share this volunteer opportunity