VHA is seeking interested people to join the Board of Directors of this not-for profit organization.
The Board plays a crucial role in leading, shaping and positioning VHA within the provincial health landscape. VHA adheres to a policy governance Board model, which entrusts Board members with establishing the overarching policies of the organization.
We are currently seeking individuals to help guide our efforts in the following areas:
• Risk Management and quality
• Government Relations
• Property Management / Housing, and
issues affecting the health system and the people served by VHA.
Our Board is made up of volunteers. VHA seeks a Board that informs dialogue and supports strong decision-making, reflects the community it serves, and has the ability to identify and question biases.
Meetings are held in person, every 6-8 weeks, on Mondays from 4 pm – 6:30 pm.
Interested persons should submit their resumé or bio and a short cover letter outlining the following:
• Why would you like to serve on the VHA Board?
• What special skills, resources or perspectives can you bring to the VHA Board?
• VHA has a policy of mandatory COVID-19 vaccination (2 shots + 1 booster). Are you vaccinated?
* What do you hope to accomplish as a VHA Board member?
How will this opportunity benefit the volunteer?
This is an opportunity to contribute to your community and to help shape the future of community-based health services in our region.
How will the organization benefit?
The Board of Directors provides stewardship to the organization, sets the strategic direction and monitors organizational risk.
250 City Centre Avenue
Share this volunteer opportunity