To provide overall management of the financial matters of OLV
OLV Board and members
• In conjunction with the Membership Coordinator, receive all membership cheques, issue receipts for membership and ensure timely deposit of cheques
• Issue reimbursements for expenses as required
• Ensure that complete and accurate records are kept of all the organization’s financial matters
• Act as a signing authority for the organization
• Ensure that the Board is provided with regular reports of the financial position of the
• Provide financial statements to the members at the annual AGM
• Ensure that a review of the books is conducted on an annual basis (past or vice chair) and is submitted to the CRA.
REQUIREMENTS / SKILLS
• An active member of OLV in good standing
• Basic knowledge of accounting and Excel program
• Experience in the not for profit/volunteer sector
• Other important qualities include maturity, reliability and organization skills
• Increased knowledge of current issues of importance to the volunteer sector
• Opportunity to network with peers and peer organizations
• Opportunity to develop and demonstrate leadership abilities
• Enhanced resume
How will this opportunity benefit the volunteer?
Get experience on a local active board of directors. Learn about govt reporting, membership fees and association expenses.
How will the organization benefit?
Having a skilled financial professional will make the work of the board simple and streamlined.
Share this volunteer opportunity