Business Development Committee
URGENTLY RECRUITING FOR THIS POSITION SPECIFICALLY: if you are interested in other volunteering opportunities with Dress for Success Ottawa, please use our volunteer interest form at ottawa.dressforsuccess.org/volunteer-application to notify us.
Do you love meeting new people? Are you connected to your local business community? Help us connect to local small to medium businesses and foster relationships within the National Capital Region! You’ll research and generate warm introductions between business owners and our staff with a goal of creating opportunities to connect and discuss potential partnerships for 2022 and 2023.
The Business Development Team:
– Leads community outreach to small and medium-sized businesses in the National Capital Region
– Supports the planning of corporate strategic opportunities
– Participates in introductory meetings with Development Staff
– Support the events and programming work of Dress for Success by identifying potential partnership opportunities
Location of Volunteerism: Personal office or home
Requirements for Business Development Committee members are as follows:
– Commit to a minimum of 12 personal introductions per fiscal year
– Attend all quarterly team meetings
– Access and ability to use shared Google Drive system Must save all work in the Business Development Committee Folder on the Dress for Success Google Drive. No work is to be saved on any personal computers or devices.
– Read the annually updated programs sheet so they can be an expert when speaking about Dress for Success Worldwide and Dress for Success Ottawa
How will this opportunity benefit the volunteer?
Volunteers will be making local connections and gaining additional reasons to engage with their network! They will see a direct positive impact from their work on the clients supported by Dress for Success Ottawa.
How will the organization benefit?
The business development committee will help Dress for Success grow a strong network of supporters to support our mission. The community will also better understand our work and share it with those who could benefit from our programs and services.
Share this volunteer opportunity