Caldwell Family Centre: In search of volunteers for multiple programs!
NOTE: You MUST be at least 18 years of age to volunteer. This position is not suitable for high school students under 18. Caldwell Family Centre is seeking volunteers on an ongoing basis. Below is a brief description of each of our programs. We have a flexible scheduling app that ensures you are able to schedule yourself. Volunteers are able to sign up for any of these programs below, and can participate in as many as they wish! We have opportunities available Monday to Saturday, 6AM-4PM. We offer our volunteers a hot breakfast and lunch, as well as references if needed.
*SIGN UP BY FILLING OUT THIS FORM 🙂 https://www.caldwellfamilycentre.ca/volunteer-today/
– Choice food bank where clients can choose their own groceries.
– Volunteers help with: serving, stocking shelves, greeting clients, bringing bags to cars, unloading and sorting donations!
Meal Program (Kitchen and Drop in Centre):
– Serves 350-500 meals per day: Mon-Fri
– Breakfast 8-9:30am
– Lunch 1-2:30pm
– Volunteers help with: food preparation, washing, chopping, buttering, mixing and plating meals!
Drop-In Centre (attached to kitchen):
– Anyone can come hang out in the drop-in from Mon-Fri between 8 am-2:30 pm
– Volunteers help with: greeting and chatting with clients, wiping down tables, making coffee and tea, refilling the milk and sugar, serving meals
Offsite Food Bank:
– Caldwell staff & volunteers go every other Thursday and set up a foodbank so that residents can access food for free
– Volunteers help with: serving, organizing, and assisting clients
– Specialty service available to those who cannot make it to the food bank.
– Volunteers assemble healthy food boxes
– They are delivered every Wednesday
– Free computer access, WiFi, & printing
– Volunteers help clients with any computer operation needs (do not need to be a computer wiz)
– Excellent position for students as you are able to bring your computer and work on school during your shift
– Affordable, quality clothing, shoes, and household items for the community
– Volunteers help with: sorting, pricing and hanging donations, organizing the store, assisting clients
– Must be aged 18 or over
– Preference to ability to commit to 2 volunteer shifts per month (shifts are ~3-4hrs)
– Preference to ability to commit to ~6 months of volunteering
– Ability to speak more than one language is an asset but not required
To apply, please fill out this form : https://www.caldwellfamilycentre.ca/volunteer-today/
How will this opportunity benefit the volunteer?
Get to know the members of the community, work as a team, develop interpersonal skills, and learn how a Family Centre functions.
How will the organization benefit?
Volunteers support our programs, contribute to the community and truly make a difference in many people's lives at the Caldwell Family Centre.
1100 Medford St. Unit 20-22
Share this volunteer opportunity