Community Kitchen- Various positions
Volunteer Position: Community Kitchen Support
Location: Van Lang Field House, 29 Van Lang Private
Team: Health Promotion and Counselling Team
Days: Last Monday of the Month
Time: 9:30am to 1:00pm
Volunteer will report to: Health Promoter
Goal of the program:
The community kitchen aims to provide a safe and welcoming environment where community members can come together and share a meal.
Description of Volunteer Role:
• Provide cleaning support, including washing and putting away dishes, wiping surfaces, setting up and taking down tables and chairs, sweeping floors;
• Support community kitchen volunteers maintain a safe and healthy food preparation area;
• Adhere to Carlington CHC’s code of conduct.
• Food Handler’s Certificate considered an asset;
• Experience working with vulnerable populations;
• Awareness of issues related to low-income families;
• Sensitive to multicultural issues;
• Reliable and dependable;
• Friendly and patient;
• Fluency in English required, other languages considered an asset;
• Ability to maintain confidentiality;
• Ability to obtain an appropriate Police Records Check.
Van Lang Field House, 29 Van Lang Private
Share this volunteer opportunity