Conversational English Second language Volunteer
OBJECTIVE: To assist clients with their conversational English.
DUTIES: To assist new Canadians in developing their oral English communication by discussing new topics each week in a conversational circle.
• Ability to plan weekly English lessons
• Lead the program once a week as an ESL educator.
• Provide an encouraging learning environment for adult students
• Planed, prepared and implemented educational activities for adult students
• Demonstrated effective communication skills with students and co-teachers
• Worked one on one with students who had some learning challenges
• Acted all the time in a friendly, helpful, non-judgmental way, while being professional and adhering to the centre policies.
• Work well independently and as a team member
QUALIFICATIONS: Good knowledge of English, both written and spoken.
Reliable and patient.
An understanding and respect of confidentiality.
TIME COMMITMENT: One or two hours, twice a week; every Monday from 1-2:30pm and on Thursday from 5:30-7pm. Schedule can be discussed.
How will this opportunity benefit the volunteer?
Make a difference in your community
Feel the personal satisfaction of helping others
Opportunity to become aware of social issues
Gain volunteer experience & enhance resume
Develop and strengthen problem solving and communications skills
How will the organization benefit?
olunteering with South East Ottawa Community Health Centre is an opportunity to make a difference in your community!
Volunteers support our teams in delivering quality services and programs.
1355 Bank Street, Ottawa, ON K1H 8K7
Share this volunteer opportunity