Donor Centre Volunteer - Orleans PDC
Our Donor Centre volunteers are responsible for creating a positive, welcoming and comfortable exceptional donor experience that promotes donor satisfaction and retention of our donors.
· Able to communicate information clearly
· Approachable and outgoing
· Ability to stand and move around in the donor centre on a regular basis – minimum of 4 hour shifts.
· Excellent conversation skills
· Able to work independently, as well as in a team environment
· Able to relate to different personalities and age groups in a variety of situations
· Able to observe and react appropriately to adverse situations
· Professional, in manner and appearance
· Reliable and punctual
· Reflect the values and mission of Canadian Blood Services
· Bilingualism is an asset, but not required
How will this opportunity benefit the volunteer?
• Satisfaction of knowing efforts are helping save lives and improving the quality of life of those requiring plasma and plasma products
• Opportunity to network and meet new people in local community
• Learn valuable skills and gain experience for personal and professional development
• Regular recognition and invitations to appreciation and recognition events
• Gain Community Service Hours
How will the organization benefit?
By providing donors with great customer service, a welcoming environment and updates on programs within Canadian Blood Services, donors will be more likely to continue donating. This ensures we will be able to reach collection targets and ultimately assist the millions of Canadians who will need plasma or other blood products in their lifetime.
Canadian Blood Services Plasma Centre:
Place d'Orleans Centre
110 Place d'Orléans Drive, Unit: #1120
Share this volunteer opportunity