The Ottawa Paw Pantry is currently recruiting drivers to pick-up and drop-off pet food and other pet supplies within Ottawa and its surrounding areas. Our driver volunteers are critical to fulfilling the core of our mission to support families and their pets in times of financial challenges by enabling us to deliver supplies to our clients!
We are building a team of driver volunteers to help share our pick-up and delivery responsibilities. Volunteers are likely to have a couple of drives every month, ideally within the volunteers’ home area but will have to be willing to drive to and from our storage unit on Carling Avenue (this is where the pet supplies are kept).The volunteer drivers will work closely with the Driver Coordinator to ensure the timely pick-up and deliveries in coordination with our community partners and clients.
In addition to the picking up and dropping off of pet food, we are also seeking one volunteer who could do a monthly bottle pick-up and bottle exchange (i.e.return bottles for money) from a restaurant in the west end (Kanata area).
– Pick-up and drop-off pet food supplies on a regular basis, ideally within the week they are asked to pick-up/drop-off
– Communicate with the driver coordinator to receive instructions on pick-up times and locations
– Communicate directly with clients (via phone call or text) in some situations in order to coordinate drop-off times
– Driver’s license and car insurance in good standing, as well as a working vehicle that can transport pet food and other supplies
– Ability to lift bags of dog and cat food
– Access to phone and computer on a regular basis to communicate with volunteers
– Ability to interact with clients in respectful and polite manner and being comfortable coordinating with clients
– Willingness to undertake a Level 2 Police background check
Share this volunteer opportunity