English as a Second Language Teacher
ESL Teacher Job Description
We are looking to employ a qualified ESL to provide English language lessons to students from different backgrounds and cultures. The ESL teacher will be responsible for planning lessons and activities, adopting a creative approach, and encouraging and motivating students to learn.
To be a successful ESL teacher, you should be able to create an environment that is conducive to learning. Ultimately, an exceptional ESL teacher will encourage students to interact with each other to improve their English-speaking skills.
ESL Teacher Responsibilities:
• Conducting activities and lessons based on ESL teaching methodologies.
• Encouraging and engaging students to speak in English.
• Motivating students and using humor to induce a pleasant learning environment.
• Maximizing students’ talk time through oral tests and presentations.
• Displaying excellent classroom management.
• Keeping accurate records of student performance.
• Communicating with the Department Head or Principal, as needed.
• Maintaining standardized guidelines.
ESL Teacher Requirements:
• A Bachelor’s degree.
• TEFL Certification.
• Excellent command of the English language.
• Neutral English accent.
• Proficient in all Microsoft applications.
• Ability to teach students of all ages and from different backgrounds.
• Ability to work after-hours, on weekends and public holidays, as required.
• Display patience and cultural awareness.
How will this opportunity benefit the volunteer?
Excellent way to give back to the community
Exposure to members of the community and subsequent opportunity for hiring
Offer stipends for transportation, etc
How will the organization benefit?
Community members improve in English Language proficiency
Ability to interact better with Other English speaking Canadians
2181 St Joseph Blvd, Orle
Share this volunteer opportunity