Events and Fundraising Volunteer - Social Harvest
: SHO is looking for a team of volunteers who are driven to raise funds for the organization and who want to gain experience in community events. SHO wants to increase its reach in the community to better support those who are experiencing food or nutrition insecurity. Help us fundraise to make our programming possible and keep it growing.
Activities may include:
• Researching potential sponsors
• Writing funding proposals and sending these to potential sponsors
• Creating marketing and promotional activities
• Developing fundraising events
• Maintaining records of sponsors
• Organizing campaigns that will lead to donations
• Training volunteers
Volunteers Required: We are looking for a group of three volunteers to work together on the different parts of this project. Expected outcomes are to establish a timeline for events in 2023 and a list of sponsors and partners, as well as to successfully implement one campaign by the end of 2022
How will this opportunity benefit the volunteer?
• Help to improve physical and financial access to healthy foods for households experiencing food insecurity
• Develop new skills and knowledge related to growing food and food security
• Earn volunteer hours for school or reference purposes
• Meet new, like-minded individuals
How will the organization benefit?
We can increase our reach in the community to better support those who are experiencing food or nutrition insecurity. Help us fundraise to make our programming possible and keep it growing.
Share this volunteer opportunity