Floater - Helping where the need is for that day
We provide safe spaces that connect people and create community. We offer programs that address basic human needs and foster dignity, wellness, and hope for all.
An inclusive community where no one is marginalized, and everyone is valued and supported.
Position: Floater – Helping where the need is for that day
Half day sessions 8 -12:00 PM or 12 – 3 PM weekly.
• Fluent in English – bilingualism an asset.
• Comfortable working with little supervision
• Personable, friendly, and outgoing
• Current Police background check for the vulnerable sector
• Proof of Covid vaccinations
• Lending a hand where the need is for that day
• Keeping coffee and tea station clean and replenished, may include serving meals
• Sitting and chatting over a cup of coffee, playing cards with participants’
• Laundry support – overseeing the flow of laundry and schedule
• Handing out personal hygiene supplies
• Volunteers will sign in and out after each session to capture volunteer hours
To apply: www.belongottawa.ca/volunteer
How will this opportunity benefit the volunteer?
An opportunity to give back and make a difference.
Belong Ottawa at Centre 454 - 454 King Edward Ave, Ottawa, ON. K1N 7M8
Belong Ottawa at St Luke's Table - 760 Somerset St W, Ottawa, ON. K1R 6P9
Belong Ottawa at The Well - 154 Somerset St W, Ottawa, ON. K2P 0H8
Share this volunteer opportunity