The position has been filled. Food Bank Assistant - Tuesday 12 to 3 pm
Volunteer Types: Others
Organization types: Community and Social Services
Long term (6 months to a year)
Application Deadline: July 14, 2022
• Organize the supplies in the Food Bank
• Make food hampers for families [modified curbside pick-up]
• Sort food drives or donations, put away boxes of food [must be able to lift 10 to 50 lbs./not all the time!] maintain supplies in the Food Bank
• Stock food on shelves based on the guidelines of the Food Bank
• Bag food according to available supplies
• Clean and maintain cupboards, shelving, counters, tables, refrigerators etc.
• Verify codes on canned food [expiry and best before dates]
How will this opportunity benefit the volunteer?
Working as part of a dynamic team providing on-going support to the Orléans-Cumberland Community Resource Centre and the community. Personnel satisfaction and growth.
How will the organization benefit?
The Orléans-Cumberland would benefit greatly, the volunteers are valued partners at the Centre.
105 - 240 Centrum Blvd. Orléans
@Orleans-Cumberland Community Resource Centre
Time it will take to contact applicants:
This position would be great for: Adults, Newcomers to Canada, Young Adults (19-24)
Number of Positions Available: 1
Good for people interested in: Others
You will be helping with: Children (0-10 years), Disadvantaged, First Nations, Métis, Inuit, Indigenous persons, Homeless, LGBTQI2+, Men, Persons new to Canada, Persons with disabilities or medical conditions, Seniors, Visible minorities or racialized persons, Women, Youth (11-15 years), Youth (16-18 years), Youth (19-24 years)
Share this volunteer opportunity