Food Delivery Volunteer
Are you looking for a way to make a difference? Over the past year, volunteers with the Somerset West Community Health Centre (SWCHC), have delivered over 20,000 meals to help respond to food insecurity. The Food Delivery Volunteer will be responsible for picking up food from locations in the community and delivering it to SWCHC. This volunteer position helps to increase access to food for the people we serve.
The volunteer will be responsible for picking up food from 30 Rosemount Ave at 1:30 pm, and the food is going to Donnas at 21-5 Preston St at 2pm every Friday.
The pickup includes a box of bagels and a case of eggs. This job will require light lifting and their vehicle.
This position requires the following:
• Availability for Every Friday between 1:30 pm – 2:00 pm
• A copy of driver’s license
• Use of a personal vehicle and provide a copy of insurance coverage to demonstrate $2,000,000 in liability.
• Signed Confidentiality Agreement and Covid- 19 Attestation Form
• Mandatory Covid-19 Vaccination, as per policy
• Interview with Volunteer Coordinator
• 2 references
• Police Record Check (Criminal and Judicial Matters) – within the last three months
How will this opportunity benefit the volunteer?
• Opportunity to contribute to addressing hunger and increasing access to food
30 Rosemount Ave
Share this volunteer opportunity