French as a Second Language Teacher
The RCCG Faith Chapel, Orleans, ON is a registered Canadian charitable organization with a vision to liberate people from any form of spiritual limitations and empower them to serve the true God. Our congregation is predominantly black of African descent who are fast adapting to their new home and integrating into the work force in Canada.
Members’ cultural adaptation needs have identified the necessity for learning French as a second language. Consequently, we are hiring a French language Instructor.
1. In conjunction with the FCO French Language Lead, agree on a beneficial curriculum for the English-speaking congregational members. A basic curriculum will be provided as a starting point.
2. Access the needs of the congregation through regular interactions and ensure they are addressed in the teaching plan. Attending the church’s Sunday service will help in continuous assessment of the students’ needs.
3. Prepare teaching slides in line with the curriculum to be used on zoom as all classes will hold through this forum.
4. Administer periodic quizzes, homeworks and exercises to students. Grade and give feed back to students.
5. Creatively contribute to the children/youth summer camp being hosted by the RCCG FCO.
6. Be willing to work both virtually and in-person as duty may necessitate.
7. Carry out other duties as may be assigned by the FCO language lead or the Pastor.
• Must be eligible to work in Ontario.
• Excellent classroom management, organization and planning skills.
• Excellent oral, written, communication and presentation skills in English.
• Computer literacy: proficient and knowledgeable with Microsoft Office, Google Classroom, Email, Internet, Smartboard, and Zoom.
• Ability to differentiate instruction to meet individual needs of each student.
• Understands the needs of students and goes beyond the call of duty.
• Ability to collaborate with colleagues and adapt easily…
Ontario Teaching Certification (OCT) in good standing will be an advantage.
How will this opportunity benefit the volunteer?
Opportunity to deploy knowledge and skills in a Canadian Charitable organization
Opportunity to be part of a vibrant team that is making a difference in the community
How will the organization benefit?
Gain the contribution of a fresh staff to the operation of the organization
Educate members of the congregation in the second official language in Canada
2181 St Joseph Blvd, Orleans
Share this volunteer opportunity