Front Desk Support
What will I be doing?
You will foster a warm & welcoming environment for all participants and visitors to Causeway. You will be the first point of contact for people seeking information about Causeway’s programs, services and social businesses. The front desk support person provides a smooth and seamless experience for participants and the public when accessing our services.
What will my duties include?
• To act as the first contact for people entering the building.
• Handle inquiries, screen and forward calls and messages to relevant programs or staff members
• Provide information, direct and support visitors to find the appropriate staff/meeting areas
• Stay up to date on the changing programs & services Causeway provides
• Support participants with faxing, bus tickets, and photocopying, as required
• Maintain & update the Causeway bulletin boards
• Deliver incoming mail and organize courier requests as required
• Create notices and post signage throughout the building as required
• Maintain safety and hygiene standards for the reception area
• Perform other duties as they arise from time to time
Causeway is looking for volunteers who can commit to 12-14 hours per week for a period of at least six months.
How will this opportunity benefit the volunteer?
Causeway empowers ALL people by helping those with mental illness and other challenges find meaningful work. We have a desire to see people treated with dignity and respect. By creating a welcoming and inclusive first experience for participants on their employment journeys, you will be contributing to a more inclusive and fair community.
How will the organization benefit?
Causeway is looking for volunteers who can bring:
• A person-centered approach
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Outlook, etc.) is considered an asset
• Ability to multi-task & work flexible hours
• Excellent time management skills with attention to detail
• Strong decision making, critical thinking and interpersonal skills
• Bilingual, strong written and spoken language skills in both English and French would be considered an asset
• Knowledge of mental health, addictions, disabilities and other barriers to employment are considered an asset
• An understanding of crisis behavior management & support is considered an asset
• First Aid & CPR certification is considered an asset
22 O'Meara Street
Share this volunteer opportunity