Fundraising Assistant Volunteer
The Dementia Society of Ottawa and Renfrew County is currently seeking applications from volunteers interested in assisting with our Fund Development and Communications team with various tasks associated with fund development.
As a volunteer, you will be assisting the team in researching and reaching out to potential donors, creating thank you messages, and updating upcoming Dementia Society events via social media.
Primary Role and Responsibilities:
o Assist with donor research and creation of prospect lists
o Update community event calendars with upcoming events
o Assist with outreach for in-kind donations
o Make thank you calls to donors
o Prepare thank you letters to foundations and organizations that have donated to us
Qualifications and Skills:
• Professionalism and a positive disposition with excellent interpersonal skills
• Compassion, understanding and awareness of dementia
• A valid (within last 6 months) Criminal Records Check is required, which we will help facilitate
• Knowledge of Microsoft office products
• Comfortable making calls
• Reliability – able to honour scheduled commitments
• Discretion – must maintain confidentiality of all participants
• Bilingualism an asset
How will this opportunity benefit the volunteer?
This is a great opportunity for those looking to gain valuable experience in fund raising and communications in a not-for-profit environment.
Share this volunteer opportunity