The Ottawa Paw Pantry is looking to put together a team of volunteers for our Grant Writing committee to help support our mission. This volunteer team member will help identify grant opportunities, work with the leadership team to gather content for applications, as well as submit applications on our behalf.
Volunteer Grant Writers will be responsible for developing and writing grant proposals to grant-making organizations and will persuasively communicate the Ottawa Paw Pantry’s mission and programs to potential funders. Grant Writers will assemble and submit grant requests, establish and maintain personal contact and relationships with granter contacts, conduct prospect research, and maintain a calendar of submissions and other deadlines.
– Work within the Grant Writing Committee to develop and implement an annual development plan/strategy
– Proactively identify grant opportunities relevant to the Ottawa Paw Pantry
– Conduct prospect research, collecting data and writing for each grant.
– Assemble/submit grant requests, including letters, proposals, budgets, and presentations
– Act as the liaison between granting organizations and the Ottawa Paw Pantry
– Manage the proposal submission process to ensure timely submission of all required materials
– Report progress in grant research, grant submission, and outcome to the Managing Partners
– Excellent research, writing, and communication skills
– Attention to detail
– Experience in grant writing, a very strong asset
– Experience in non-profits
– Experience in government relations, an asset
– Proficiency using Google Docs preferred
Share this volunteer opportunity