Description of Volunteer Role:
• Promote healthy activity and positive social interaction
• Activities include; team sports, nature walks, art and cooking classes, museum tours, etc
• Positive participation in activities
• Possibility of one-on-one support for clients who’s physical/mental health may prevent them from participating fully in day’s activity (i.e. mobility, attention, overstimulation)
• Access to a vehicle or bus for personal transit (for offsite activities)
• Openness to working with individuals who are living with mental health issues.
• Punctual, reliable, and dependable.
• Ability to set firm boundaries around time, personal contact, and money
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to obtain an appropriate Police Reference Check.
900 Merivale is the main location but this position involves outings around the Ottawa/ Gatineau Area. Access to personal transportation is required.
Share this volunteer opportunity