Volunteer interviewers work one-on-one with new Canadian job-seekers by asking them 1 or 2 interview questions, listening attentively and giving the clients oral and written feedback in a positive, non-threatening way in order for them to become increasingly better at answering interview questions and expressing their prior experience, utilizing the SAR format (Situation, Action, Result).
The duties of the Interviewer include:
• Establishing Rapport and a welcoming atmosphere
• Attentive listening
• Summarizing, repeating information
• Giving oral and written feedback
• Helping clients identify areas for improvement in their answers
• Offering encouragement to help clients build confidence
Volunteer Interviewer must have:
• Significant experience in assessing the strengths and weaknesses of an oral response
• Proven knowledge of interview techniques within a Canadian context
• Excellent English or French language skills
• Familiarity with the Canadian job market
• Experience and/or demonstrated interest in working with new Canadians
• An ability to build rapport, and demonstrate empathy and intercultural awareness
* Professional experience in Human Resources and/or recruitment is particularly valuable in this role.
How will this opportunity benefit the volunteer?
The ability to meet and assist amazing newcomers from all over the world. Feel great when they get jobs with your help and make great connections in all professions.
How will the organization benefit?
Clients will receive more one on one support which is not always possible for the organization to give.
219 Argyle Avenue
Share this volunteer opportunity