The Ottawa Paw Pantry is looking for an Inventory Coordinator to oversee the storage unit as food comes in and goes out. This process is critical to ensuring the efficiency of our pet food bank, allowing us to deliver food to families around the city.
In this role, you will work closely with the Driver Coordinator and Client Relations Manager to maintain up-to-date inventory and alert Managing Partners when there is a food shortage. You must be able to travel to our storage locker, located at 1554 Carling Ave, Ottawa, on a regular basis.
– Keep track of inventory, both in special diets and general stock levels
– Sort through incoming donations to either place them on shelves or pass along to another organization
– Monitor expiry dates to ensure only those within approved timeframe are still shelved
– Coordinate with wildlife refuges or pet rescues to pass along food that cannot be used
– Ensure storage unit is well-maintained and organized neatly
-Ability to lift bags of dog and cat food
– Attention to detail
– Great organizational skills
– Experience in a pet food environment a strong asset (i.e. vet clinic, pet store)
– Logistics management experience a strong asset
– Proficiency in Google Docs
– Ability to work independently
Share this volunteer opportunity