OCBN Volunteer Grant Writer
Centretown Community Association participate in Ottawa Community Benefits Network (OCBN) https://ottawacommunitybenefits.ca/.
Ottawa Community Benefits Network (OCBN) was formed in 2019 as LeBreton Flats Community Benefits Coalition and expanded its scope and rebranded in 2021 as OCBN and CCA has been part of the network since the beginning. OCBN build partnerships and advocate for a Community Benefits Agreement approach in Ottawa. OCBN has 31 members plus allies and is inclusive, collaborative and community driven organization. Together, our members and constituencies number in the tens of thousands. Our goal is to ensure that building projects help build communities for all of us. We advocate for an Ottawa that is inclusive, equitable, healthy and sustainable for people from all walks of life.
OCBN has signed Ottawa’s first community benefits agreement with Ottawa Community Housing (OCHC). We are starting to work with OCHC and how to deliver benefits and we need to apply for funding to do some of these work.
OCBN recently received a grant from a national foundation and we plan to apply to 3-5 grants in the next 12 months. The Grant Writing Committee will be responsible for:
* Helping to identify grant opportunities and researching potential relevant prospects
* Working with the OCBN Coordinator to identify opportunities and gather content for applications
* Developing and writing grant proposals and applications
* Assembling and submitting grant requests
How will this opportunity benefit the volunteer?
Learn about Community Benefits Agreements (CBA) and be part of the OCBN Grant writing Committee. We will be writing 3-5 grants in the next 12+ months to help with likely workforce development and social procurement readiness.
The volunteer would have
* Opportunity to stay engaged and give back to the community
* Opportunity to share and build existing skills
* Opportunity for professional networking
* Opportunity to contribute to the ongoing efforts to ensure an equitable, inclusive, healthy, and sustainable community
How will the organization benefit?
OCBN (with support from CCA) need funding to move to implementation on our first CBA with Ottawa Community Housing and get some social entreprises ready for the social procurement opportunities that might be open soon.
Primarily virtual but some in person may be possible
Share this volunteer opportunity