Organizing Committee Member
The Ottawa Regional Science Fair is organized and run by a volunteer organization to encourage students in the Ottawa-Carleton Region, from grades 7 to 12, to research, develop, and present projects in the fields of science and engineering. Each year, approximately 200 projects are entered and judged. We award over $25,000 worth in prizes, including 11 all expenses paid trips to compete at the Canada-Wide Science Fair.
We are currently looking for new committee members to join our team. What aspects of the fair you take on will depend on your interests and knowledge. Specific roles we are looking to fill are:
– Chair (organizing and leading our four or five meetings, providing leadership to the team)
– Fundraising (contacting current and potential sponsors)
We are looking for anyone who would love being involved with this inspiring event for young innovators and scientists in our city. If you have experience with event planning, teaching, or have any other relevant skills we would love to hear from you! You do not need to have a background in science or engineering.
How will this opportunity benefit the volunteer?
- Engaging with brilliant young participants
- Judging science fair projects
- A limited time committment (2 days a year, plus 4 or 5 meetings between November and March) to make a real difference.
- Be part of a highlight in many students' careers
How will the organization benefit?
- Increased capacity to delivery the best fair possible
- Drawing on a wider set of experiences and backgrounds
- Engaging more effectively with our participants, teachers, and stakeholders
Share this volunteer opportunity