Ottawa Fire Truck Pull event volunteer
The Ottawa Fire Truck Pull is a fun, family friendly event, where teams of 10 descend on Lansdowne Park to demonstrate that they have the fortitude to pull a 10+ tonne fire truck 100 feet. Teams will compete to see who can pull the fire truck the fastest, raise the most money for a great cause (Epilepsy Ottawa) and demonstrate the most team spirit (costumes encouraged). All funds raised go to epilepsy support services in Eastern Ontario through Epilepsy Ottawa.
We need volunteers to help make the event a success. Volunteers will be needed for:
1) Set up (10:15am-noon)
2) Event activities (noon-4:00pm – pizza or similar lunch provided for this group) such as team registration, assistant volunteer coordinator, team liaison, VIP liaison, vendor coordinator, pull timers, runners (between judges and score tabulators), epilepsy info booth staffing, survey takers, crowd control, sign creation station
3) tear down/clean up (4:00-5:00)
VOLUNTEERS ARE REQUIRED TO:
– Complete a 2-hour Orientation/Training Session prior to the festival on Saturday October 1, 2022 at 10am. This session will be online.
– Be 15 years of age or older
– Complete a minimum of 1 shift (about 2-5 hours, length of shift is determined by the volunteer position)
– Be comfortable providing customer service and interacting with the public
– Be comfortable with actively working outside for the majority of your shift
If you are under the age of 18, you will be asked to have a parent or guardian complete Volunteer Parental Permission Form and submit it to the Volunteer Coordinator.
English-speaking and Bilingual volunteers sought.
How will this opportunity benefit the volunteer?
- Improve customer service skills
- Meet new people and work with an incredible volunteer team
How will the organization benefit?
This is Epilepsy Ottawa's largest annual fundraiser. The success of this event helps the agency continue providing much needed support and education services to people with epilepsy and their families.
Mandatory training: online
Event: Lansdowne Park
Share this volunteer opportunity