Living Healthy Champlain offers Living A Healthy Life With Chronic Conditions and Living A Healthy Life With Chronic Pain workshops. These workshops are free to attend with funding from Ontario Health East. Both of these programs are led by specially trained volunteer peer leaders. We are recruiting peer leaders to facilitate these programs on an ongoing basis. We will review your application and connect with you when a training becomes available.
Leader Training involves:
1) Submitting the Volunteer Application Form
2) An interview in by telephone
3) A signed commitment to:
– Honour responsibilities as a Peer Leader including leading one 6 week workshop per calendar year as best as possible
– Adhere to the volunteer policies of Living Healthy Champlain and Bruyère.
4) Submitting evidence of a valid Police Reference Check.
Our workshops are offered virtually and in person.
Please visit our website to learn more about the work we do: www.livinghealthychamplain.ca
How will this opportunity benefit the volunteer?
You can be part of an exciting community initiative to prevent and better manage chronic diseases and chronic pain within our health system. You will help support individuals living with chronic diseases to better manage their health, feel supported and connect with others with are living with similar conditions.
How will the organization benefit?
As all of our workshops are volunteer led, we rely on community members to provide this important support and education to our workshop participants.
Share this volunteer opportunity