Portfolio Manager, Lanark County
Working closely with the Regional Director and with colleagues at the Ottawa office, the Portfolio Manager will engage with partner and stakeholder groups and organizations in communities across Lanark County on behalf of United Way East Ontario.
With knowledge of Lanark County, the Portfolio Manager is well-positioned to support diverse relationship management with social service agencies, workplaces in the public and private sector during fundraising campaigns, and local community leaders.
This is an excellent opportunity for any professional who enjoys networking and engaging with external stakeholders looking to expand their project management and communication skills to support our office in Carleton Place and our work in Lanark County to make our communities stronger, healthier, and safer for all.
For more information, please visit: https://www.unitedwayeo.ca/about-us/our-communities/
How will this opportunity benefit the volunteer?
• Meet interesting people across the region, including people in leadership roles, staff at community
agencies, and volunteers who support their United Way campaign.
• Learn more about the region and its communities, including changing demographics, unique
aspects of specific communities, and the role of United Way.
• Apply and refine the following professional competencies through experience in the non-profit
sector: communication; interpersonal; client services; leadership; thinking; and organizational.
• Opportunity to work with a dynamic community organization.
• Contribute to making our communities stronger, healthier, and safer for all.
How will the organization benefit?
• Managing projects and helping implement local impact initiatives focused on a key group or issue.
• Supporting the Regional Director in community outreach and reporting internally on local initiatives
to Community Impact leadership team.
• Supporting regional agency engagement with information sharing.
• Liaising with agencies supported by United Way East Ontario regarding funding agreements,
program reporting, etc.
• Engaging and supporting regional Advisory Council volunteers via information sharing and
administrative preparations for meetings.
• Performing regional resource and contact management and other local office related duties, as
• Providing local support to UWEO staff in deploying workplace campaigns.
• Monitoring campaign activities and providing accurate information through established reporting
• Attending UWEO and workplace campaign special events and other functions, as required.
• Working with UWEO staff to manage relationships with local sponsors and donors, including
identifying prospective donors.
United Way East Ontario Lanark County Regional Office - 20 Bennett Street, Unit 210
Carleton Place, ON K7C 4J9
Share this volunteer opportunity