We are looking for an experienced Receiver to champion the receiving department! The Receiver is a customer facing position with a primary focus on the receiving, inspection and staging of donated goods. You will be working both inside the warehouse and outdoors, accepting donations, sorting through items, and ensuring proper flow of items to the warehouse support staff. We are looking for someone with a positive attitude, great work ethic and a passion for our purpose here at Mission Thrift Store.
• Physically able: positions required long-periods of standing and occasional heavy lifting
• Operates with a high regard for the safety of themselves and others
• Strong organization and prioritizing skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills – you are a great communicator and enjoy working as a team!
• Professionalism and respect
• Displays a high level of trustworthiness and integrity
• Can create and maintain a safe and tidy working environment
• Previous experience in Receiving is an asset
• Experience with non-profit/voluntary sector is an asset
• Physical demands include standing, walking, lifting, carrying, reaching, climbing, pushing and pulling
for a prolonged period of time.
• Ability to lift 20-70 pounds on a regular basis
How will this opportunity benefit the volunteer?
Mission Thrift Store is an equal opportunity employer, committed to employment equity. We value
diversity and invite all qualified candidates to apply.
Gain great experience with other volunteers in a retail environment as well as a chance to give back to the local community as well as across the world,
How will the organization benefit?
Permit to sort more donations for the benefit of selling more items that will impact the local community as well as those across the world.
1777 10th Line Rd
Share this volunteer opportunity