Respite House Volunteer
We are looking for committed individuals to join our dynamic Respite House team.
The Respite House is a 12-bedroom bungalow located on the Perley Health Campus, operated by Carefor. This program provides short term and overnight respite to individuals living with dementia. Respite House offers guests daily routine that includes recreational activities, discussion groups, games, music, billiards, cooking, etc.
Taking direction from the Team Leaders the duties would include:
• Assists and socialize with guests during group/social activities such as art, cards/games, billiards, trivia, etc.
• Engage with clients through group or individual discussions regarding current events, life experiences, etc.
• Assists with kitchen and cleaning duties (this could include: washing dishes, cleaning tables, table setting, serving meals, assisting with guests laundry etc.)
• Report any relevant information regarding client
• Interest in working with individuals living with dementia
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Compassionate and dependability
• Patience, good sense of humor
• Enjoys working as apart of a team
• Bilingual an asset
• Special skills: Musical abilities (play piano, guitar), singing, art, an asset
1. Volunteer commitment:
We are looking for individuals who can commit to volunteering at Respite House at a minimum once a week, 4 hours per week, for 6 months.
How will this opportunity benefit the volunteer?
Work with and be apart of a dynamic, skilled team to:
Impact the life of a person living with dementia through socializing, engaging activities, etc.
Learn new or enhance existing skills, such as interpersonal/communications skills
Learn about dementia
How will the organization benefit?
Engage community members with diverse range of skills, experience and knowledge.
Raise awareness for Carefor, our programs & services, in the communities we serve.
Deliver our service in a more effective and efficient way, impacting more clients.
Perley Health Campus, 1750 Russell road, building # 5
Share this volunteer opportunity