Volunteer Résumé Coaches work one-on-one with new Canadian job-seekers to help them develop a competitive, market-ready résumé. The duties of the Résumé Coach include:
• Helping clients identify areas for improvement in their résumé
• Providing clients with tools so they can make strategic changes to their résumé
• Assisting with formatting and editing of résumés
• Advising on content and tailoring of résumés
• Offering encouragement to help clients build confidence
Volunteer Résumé Coaches must have:
• Significant experience in assessing the strengths and weaknesses of a résumé
• Proven knowledge of résumé writing, editing and formatting principles
• Computer proficiency
• Excellent English or French language skills
• Familiarity with the Canadian job market
• Experience and/or demonstrated interest in working with new Canadians
• An ability to build rapport, and demonstrate empathy and intercultural awareness
How will this opportunity benefit the volunteer?
The ability to meet and assist amazing newcomers from all over the world. Feel great when they get jobs with your help and great connections in all professions.
How will the organization benefit?
Clients will receive more one on one support which is not always possible for the organization to give.
219 Argyle Avenue
Share this volunteer opportunity