We are looking for a Secretary to join the Board of Directors of Twice Upon a Time. Twice Upon a Time is a registered charity in the Ottawa area, and we give free books to children. We collect book donations, apply for funding and work out of various organizations in Ottawa to give books to children. We believe in the power of book ownership to support literacy development.
The Secretary is a member of the Executive of the Board of Directors and is a required position according to the bylaws. The secretary supports the President and Vice-President in organizing meetings, keeping minutes and supporting the activities of the Board.
Duties and Responsibilities:
● Call board meetings
● Prepare board meeting agendas, including monitoring and saving board member email conversations for items to add to agenda, uploading documents of interest, and ensuring agenda is prepared at a minimum of 48 hours prior to board meeting
● Take board meeting minutes, and save draft minutes in appropriate folder on Google Drive
● Ensure approved minutes are distributed to all Board members, and named and stored appropriately on Google Drive
● Manage documents and folder structure on Google Drive
● Coordinate email management practices
● Summarize email conversations, listing action items, decisions and outcomes reached over email, between board meetings
● Approve spending along with executive
● Assist in writing blog posts to promote activities of Twice Upon a Time
● Provide signing authority
● Updating 211 records
Along with other members of the Board, the Secretary will:
● Develop new relationship and partnerships with like-minded organizations
● Meet new and prospective Board members
● Participates in succession planning and the nomination of new Board members
Estimated time commitment: 6-8 hours per month
Learn more about Twice Upon a Time here: https://twiceuponatime.ca/
How will this opportunity benefit the volunteer?
The volunteer will be part of a charitable organization that gives free books to children. The volunteer will gain experience in setting up meetings, taking minutes and assisting with board activities.
How will the organization benefit?
Twice Upon a Time will benefit from a volunteer secretary to organize and call our meetings, produce meeting minutes and help with document management.
Share this volunteer opportunity