Sigwan Festival Volunteer Positions
Set Up/Tear Down
Green Team – This one of the more labor intensive positions.
• Check up on garbages and empty as needed
• Check on porta-potties for cleanliness, refill as needed
• Tend to fires – unsure guests are not throwing anything in them
• Assist with logistics such as filling generators, troubleshooting power etc.
Lodge Assistant –
• Introduce yourself and be visible to workshop hosts and vendors
• Run as a go-between, if hosts need supplies etc.
• Watch booths when vendors need washroom break
• Keep an eye on garbage’s, notify Green Team when needed
• Be visible to guests and help answer any questions
Store Assistant –
• Be visible to guests.
• Help direct flow of traffic/crowd control -asking guests to wait until store clears
• Be a pair of eyes to ensure guests are not damaging items or shoplifting
Info Booth/ Registration
• Greet guests upon arrival
• Help direct to different features of the festival (schedule and locations)
• Conduct a short demographic survey (gather information for the purposes of reports to apply for funding for subsequent events
How will this opportunity benefit the volunteer?
As a volunteer you will be exposed to authentic indigenous culture, traditions, teachings and cuisine.
4420 West Hunt Club Road
Share this volunteer opportunity