Social Media Coordinator
Canadain Centre for Men and Families Ottawa and Suits His Style are looking for a social media coordinator to maintain the two organization’s online networks. This can be arranged as a volunteer gig or as an unpaid internship in coordination with a person’s schooling or maintained as a normal volunteer experience.
1. Develop innovative and creative media content across social media platforms
2. Report to the Executive Director and collaborates with Program Facilitators to ensure a cohesive media identity
3. Propose creative strategies
4. Create and maintain relevant social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc)
5. Set up posts and ideas for social media accounts
6. Keep track of social media trends and competitions
1. Diploma/Degree in and/or proven knowledge of Media
2. Able to make creative suggestions in the interest of the organizations
3. Excellent written communication skills (proofreading and grammar)
4. Passion for CCMF’s and SHS’s Missions, Vision, and Values.
We are looking for a person who will make a long-term commitment to the position and the organization. This position can be completed at home, however, in-person or hybrid positions are able to be offered if desired.
How will this opportunity benefit the volunteer?
The volunteer will benefit by:
Having access to a support team who will support the volunteer with any questions or concerns
Have access to mental health support
Have access to constant training
Get first-hand experience in the field of social work and media management
How will the organization benefit?
The organization will benefit by:
Growing a team of people who support our cause
Getting fresh ideas from volunteers on how to better develop and run programs
Growth of volunteer base bettering our support in the community
Better connect the organizations with their networks, supporters, clients, donors, etc
Helping the organizations maintain an online presence
292 Montreal Road, Suite 302
Share this volunteer opportunity