St Luke's Table - Laundry Monitor
We provide safe spaces that connect people and create community. We offer programs that address basic human needs and foster dignity, wellness and hope for all.
An inclusive community where no one is marginalized and everyone is valued and supported.
“We serve a community with complex needs. All Programs are designed with inclusivity in mind”
Position: Laundry Monitor– Keeping the flow of laundry moving
St Luke’s Table – half day sessions 9 -12:00 PM and or, 12 – 4 PM weekly.
• Fluent in English – bilingualism an asset.
• Comfortable working with little supervision
• Personable, friendly and outgoing
• Current Police background check
• Proof of Covid vaccinations, must be comfortable to wear a mask, as we are a high risk environment
• Comfortable handling Participants laundry
• Keeping track and schedule of Participants laundry, by ensuring the loads are moving smoothly. – This may include transferring loads to dryers, or bag, or supporting participants with this task, as well, booking time slots
• Assuring cleanliness of laundry room
• Assisting where needed on down time – keeping tables tidy and wiped, coffee station replenished etc.
• Volunteers will sign in and out after each session to capture volunteer hours
How will this opportunity benefit the volunteer?
Doing good for others and the community helps to create a natural sense of accomplishment. And working as a volunteer can also give you a sense of pride and identity, helping to boost your self-confidence further by taking you out of your natural comfort zone and environment.
How will the organization benefit?
Volunteers are vital to The Community Day Programs day-to-day operations. As a non-profit organization, we cannot provide the support we do without the commitment of our community volunteers.
760 Somerset St. W, Ottawa, ON. K1R 6P9
Share this volunteer opportunity