St Luke's Table - Floater
We provide safe spaces that connect people and create community. We offer programs that address basic human needs and foster dignity, wellness and hope for all.
An inclusive community where no one is marginalized, and everyone is valued and supported.
“We serve a community with complex needs. All Programs are designed with inclusivity in mind”
Position: Floater – Helping where the need is for that day
St Luke’s Table – half day sessions 9 -12:00 PM or 12 – 4 PM weekly.
• Fluent in English – bilingualism an asset.
• Comfortable working with little supervision
• Personable, friendly, and outgoing
• Current Police background check for the vulnerable sector
• Proof of Covid vaccinations
• Lending a hand where the need is for that day
• Keeping coffee and tea station clean and replenished, may include serving meals
• Sitting and chatting over a cup of coffee, playing cards with participants’
• Laundry support – overseeing the flow of laundry and schedule
• Handing out personal hygiene supplies
• Volunteers will sign in and out after each session to capture volunteer hours
How will this opportunity benefit the volunteer?
Doing good for others and the community helps to create a natural sense of accomplishment. And working as a volunteer can also give you a sense of pride and identity, helping to boost your self-confidence further by taking you out of your natural comfort zone and environment.
How will the organization benefit?
Volunteers are vital to The Community Day Programs day-to-day operations. As a non-profit organization, we cannot provide the support we do without the commitment of our community volunteers.
760 Somerset St W, Ottawa, ON. K1R 6P9
Share this volunteer opportunity