Summer Camp Coordinators
Youth Summer Camp Coordinator
The RCCG Faith Chapel, Orleans, ON is a registered Canadian charitable organization with a vision to liberate people from any form of spiritual limitations and empower them to serve the true God. As a result of the challenges we have been facing with youth development and responsibility issues, we have decided to have a youth summer camp in 2018. The Camp aims to embark on various leadership and empowerment programs for youths age 12 to 20. Consequently, a Youth Summer Camo Coordinator is now required.
Qualified candidate will be responsible for coordinating all aspects of the summer events for the RCCG Faith Chapel, Orleans, ON.
He/She will be responsible for coordinating a team of about ten volunteers who will contributing to the success of the program. People Leadership skills are essential for this position.
He/She will ensure that all events are pro-actively planned with effective research inputs from team members.
• Camp Management: Take responsibility for all aspects of camp coordination and success, including but not limited to the following. Camp Programming: Work with School Age Director to plan, confirm, and coordinate all details of summer activities, including scheduling of field trips, entertainment, visits to cultural institutions, recreational sites (parks, swimming pool, etc.)
• Staff scheduling: Assist staff to coordinate daily and weekly schedules; Supervise staff attendance.
• Daily management of space & supplies: Ensure classroom space is safe, clean and attractive; establish and maintain inventory of supplies & equipment;
• Supply Requisitions: Review supplies needed for successful implementation of lesson plans and to meet accreditation standards and inform the Program Director of deficits.
• Supervise summer food program: Reconcile attendance sheets and point-of-service forms; follow food program rules and regulations about record-keeping, storage, etc.
• Organize Camp snack and picnics: Arrange for food ordering and delivery when/if summer food program is not primary means of feeding campers.
• Communication: Correspond with vendors, organizations, transportation providers and guest entertainers; function as liaison between School Age Director, teachers and parents. Write notices and post up-to-date information about camp activities; send email reminders as needed.
• Supervise camp attendance-keeping, filing of reports: Collect daily attendance sheets, ensure accurate counts; delegate responsibility to teachers as needed for keeping up with attendance sheets, incident reports.
• Record keeping: Oversee required record keeping activities and ensure the completion of anecdotal records, physical observation, developmental observations, and any other required PIC, DPW, Keystone Stars or other reports in a timely fashion. Determine the division of responsibilities for record keeping for the
• Candidates must have minimum of two years relevant experience in similar chartable organization
• The ability to work well independently on several projects concurrently, and possess excellent communication, organizational, and presentation skills;
• Software proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint is required;
• Familiarity with Google for Business and donor databases such as eTapestry a bonus;
• Creative thinker and self-starter with extraordinary drive, energy and initiative;
• Flexible, pleasant persona coupled with sound judgment; discreet and able to maintain confidential information;
How will this opportunity benefit the volunteer?
Opportunity to deploy knowledge, skills and abilities in a Canadian Charitable Organization
Contribute to the growth and development of youths and children
Gain valuable experience for career growth and development
How will the organization benefit?
Gaining a human resource needed for the execution of the year 2023 summer camp
Bringing in fresh employee with fresh ideas to contribute to the operations of the organization
2181 St Joseph Blvd, Orle
Share this volunteer opportunity