SUMMER SOCCER CAMP VOLUNTEER 2022
About Us: The Royal City Soccer Club (RCSC) is a non-profit, community organization started in 1993. For 3 decades, we have hosted a unique soccer camp experience for over 300,000 children between ages 5 and 13 years. Our camps are now the largest grassroots soccer camp in Canada with over 100 locations in Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, British Columbia, and Nova Scotia. The popularity of our camps is not only due to our program structure, but also because of the great volunteers and staff we have. Our camp operates Monday to Friday from July 4 until September 2, 2022 (except August 1).
About the position: Volunteers can apply for:
• morning sessions (20 hours/week, Mon-Fri, 8:30am – 12:30pm),
• afternoon sessions (20 hours/week, Mon-Fri, 12:30pm – 4:30pm) or
• full days sessions (40 hours/week, Mon-Fri, 8:30am – 4:30pm)
All nine (9) weeks of July and August are available to volunteer for. Volunteers at our summer day camps may have any of the following responsibilities:
• Assisting staff with coaching and supervising children at camp
• Equipment collection and maintenance (ie. inflating soccer balls, collecting cones)
• General help around camp
• Maintain a clean camp environment and help staff meet all safety protocols
• Adhere to and help enforce all camp policies
Qualities we’re looking for:
• Enjoys soccer and sporting activities
• Great with children (ages 5 to 13 years)
• Energetic and enthusiastic
• Responsible and reliable
Eligibility: Volunteers at our camp must be at least 14 years of age by the time their camp week of volunteering starts. If you are 16 or older, you may be eligible for a CIT (Counsellor in Training) or Camp Counsellor position with us. Any volunteers aged 18 or older will be required to submit a police background check. There are a limited number of volunteering spots available at each camp location.
How to apply: Visit our website at royalsoccer.com and follow these 5 steps:
1. Visit our STAFF section.
2. Select the province that you are in.
3. Review the volunteer description and click on the yellow APPLY NOW button.
4. Sign-in (if you already have an account) or Sign-up if you are a new volunteer applicant.
5. Complete the Volunteer Online Application by clicking the appropriate box at the bottom.
If you have any issues or have questions about applying, please feel free to contact us at 1-800-427-0536 or email [email protected]
We look forward to you joining our team. Royal City Soccer Club
1251 Northside Rd, Burlington, ON
Share this volunteer opportunity