Parkinson Canada is the definitive voice for the Parkinson’s community in Canada. Our purpose is to transform the lives of people living with Parkinson’s. We do this through research leading to better treatments and the end of Parkinson’s, advocacy bringing the voices of Parkinson’s to the forefront and support that helps people live well with Parkinson’s through education and services. A national registered charity, Parkinson Canada operates through the generosity of donors and is an accredited organization under the Imagine Canada Standards Program.
SuperWalk Coordinators play a pivotal role in raising awareness and funds for people living with Parkinson’s. They champion and lead the coordination of SuperWalk in communities, from start to finish, with support from Parkinson Canada. They support the organizing committee and ensure a positive experience for event participants. You will solicit sponsors in conjunction with the Sponsorship Coordinator and ensure the funds collected the day of the event are properly recorded and deposited. You will ensure all activities and actions are in alignment with the Parkinson Canada SuperWalk program and Parkinson Canada Policies.
As a SuperWalk Coordinator, your people-skills, enthusiasm, and talent for organizing make you an excellent community facilitator. You enjoy guiding and mentoring other volunteers and helping them excel at their tasks. As someone who loves event logistics, you excel at key tasks, including:
– Selecting and securing site for SuperWalk
– Preparing a budget for the local event
– Sourcing local sponsorships
– Recruiting and providing leadership for the organizing committee
– Managing volunteers alongside the Volunteer Coordinator
– Organizing and Chairing Committee Meetings
– Attending monthly (April-October) conference calls with Parkinson Canada event staff
– Attending and overseeing all aspects of the walk including post walk wrap up
What is Needed to Succeed in this Role
– Exceptional leadership skills and enjoy working as part of a team
– Excellent organizational skills
– Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
– Ability to delegate and hold volunteers accountable
– Possess an interest in working with Parkinson Canada and with Canadians living with Parkinson’s and their families
– Able to dedicate the amount of time required to successfully execute the role
– Able to meet deadlines
How to Apply
Interested candidates should complete a Volunteer Profile, available at: http://superwalk.parkinsoncanada.volunteerhub.com/
Resumes are strongly encouraged, but not required.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Parkinson Canada volunteers will need to provide proof of full Covid 19 vaccination status prior to commencement of volunteer duties.
Parkinson Canada is committed to inclusion, fairness, respect, human dignity, and equity. We provide accessible employment and volunteer engagement practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Applications from persons with disabilities are welcomed and encouraged. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For questions or accommodation requests, please contact the Volunteer Engagement Manager, Graham Marshall-Coultas at 1-800-565-3000, ext. 3319 or [email protected].
Please note that the selected candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.
316 – 4211 Yonge Street
416-227-9700 – 1-800-565-3000
How will this opportunity benefit the volunteer?
Benefits for SuperWalk Coordinators
As a volunteer SuperWalk Coordinator, you will have the opportunity to develop your leadership potential and project management skills in a context outside of regular employment. You will work with an excellent group of people and be able to network with others in a related field. Most importantly you will make an impact in the lives of those living with Parkinson’s.
Share this volunteer opportunity