The Social at the Daisy Cafe Volunteer
Time Commitment: Every Thursday, 3.5 hours a week (shift based, depending on your availability)
Minimum 6 months commitment
Supervisor: Program Coordinator
Location: 500-2327 St. Laurent Boulevard, Ottawa (The Dementia Society Centre)
“The Social At the Daisy Cafe” is a heartwarming event hosted at The Dementia Society Centre, designed to provide a supportive environment for individuals living with dementia, while offering respite to their caregivers. This event features engaging activities, planned performances, and a chance for participants to socialize over coffee, tea, and treats.
Primary Role and Responsibilities:
As a volunteer, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the success of this ongoing event by:
• Setting up the event space before participants arrive, including arranging tables and preparing coffee.
• Warmly welcoming individuals living with dementia upon their arrival, creating a friendly and inclusive atmosphere.
• Distributing coffee and treats, fostering a sense of comfort and companionship.
• Engaging in conversations and social interactions with individuals living with dementia to make them feel valued and heard.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Experience with person living with dementia an asset
• Effective communicator
• Collaborative spirit
To apply, please visit the following webpage: https://share.vomevolunteer.com/L6o02E70hCb
500-2327 St. Laurent Boulevard (The Dementia Society Centre)
Share this volunteer opportunity