Treasurer, Board of Directors
Causeway Work Centre is inviting community-minded individuals to join our volunteer Board of Directors in the valued role of Treasurer.
Causeway is a not-for-profit that helps people with mental illness and other challenges find meaningful, rewarding work and live more independently. By helping everyone reach their full potential, we are helping establish stronger and more inclusive communities.
The Board Treasurer should have the following qualifications:
• CPA or background in finance/accounting
• Experience with non-profit accounting/financials
The Treasurer will become a member of the Executive Committee and the chair of the Finance & Real Estate Committee, as well as participating in general Board activities:
• Oversight and approval of the annual budget, audit reports and financial statements.
• Setting policy and developing strategy to give direction to the organization
• Ensuring that the resources necessary to achieve the goals of the organization are available.
• Attend board meetings and engage in meaningful debate, including reviewing the agenda and
supporting materials prior to board and committee meetings.
• Support Causeway’s funding initiatives
How will this opportunity benefit the volunteer?
The Causeway community is one of empathy, determination, and creativity. This approach allows us to
transform lives by piloting new community ventures and leading the way in the area of social enterprise.
Becoming a member of our Board of Directors is an opportunity to contribute meaningfully to this
transformation while enriching your own professional and community engagement.
How will the organization benefit?
Causeway is supported by a volunteer board of directors who bring a broad range of skills and experience to the challenge of developing and evaluating how our organization creates lasting change in our community.
22 O'Meara Street
Share this volunteer opportunity