Centre 507 is a busy adult drop-in centre in the Centretown area of Ottawa, collaborating with partners to provide healthy meals, a welcoming community and access to resources. Our Centre is a non-profit, community-based organization.
• Participant-centric • Inclusive • Collaborative • Agile • Accountable
Our Board of Directors
The role of our policy board is to provide leadership and support to the Centre’s Executive Director and staff. We provide orientation to all new board members.
Our Vice Chair of the Board
Designated Director to cover the Chair responsibilities when the Chair is not available. Provide leadership to Board of directors.
About this Role • Support the mission and values of Centre 507 as a board member.
• Fulfill all duties of a Director of the board.
• Assist with the annual work plan development and implementation.
• Undertake the duties of the Chair when the chair is unavailable.
• Support the Chair in maintaining a high standard for board conduct.
• Mentor or support other board members.
• Undertake other responsibilities as assigned by the board.
Benefits to you • Contribute to a small, grass roots organization
• Join a passionate and vital board
• Collaborate with forward thinking people
• Develop leadership skills
Time Commitment • Attend monthly board meetings and potentially quarterly committee meetings (5-8 hours/month total)
• Plan, lead or implement specific projects
Length of Term 3 years
Qualifications • Experience in program development and review.
• Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Champion of equity, diversity and inclusion principles
• Passion for serving our community and interest in social justice.
• Previous non-profit or board experience is an asset.
Location Ottawa. Mainly meeting remotely.
Date Ideally to start April 2024
How to apply
If you are interested in volunteering on Centre 507’s Board of Directors, please send a résumé and/or cover letter to [email protected] by December 15, 2023 or until the position is filled.
If you don’t see yourself fully reflected in every qualification listed above, we still encourage you to reach out. Centre 507 welcomes diversity of perspectives and inclusion from all members of society regardless of race, colour, ethnic origin, disability, gender identity and sexual orientation.
507 Bank Street Ottawa
Share this volunteer opportunity