Virtual Programming Facilitators - Chinese Speaking
As a community day centre with limited resources, Yet Keen depends on the generous commitment of time, skills, and energy from the volunteers in the community to offer recreational programs that have a positive impact on seniors’ wellbeing. Our volunteers include recently retired individuals, students, and working adults who would like to give back to the community and enrich their lives through community connections. We are currently looking for volunteer virtual programming facilitators to provide even more engaging programs through the next year as the pandemic goes on.
• Create content and design curriculum to provide Zoom programs for Chinese-speaking seniors based on the volunteer’s passion and skills, with the goals to increase social connection and improve seniors’ physical and mental wellbeing (e.g. Exercise class, language, art and crafts, music, educational sessions)
• Facilitate these self-initiated programs independently
• Attending to the needs of the participating seniors and ensuring that the class runs smoothly
• Seek support from staff if participants experience any technical difficulties
IMPORTANT: Volunteers who speak Cantonese and/or Mandarin have strong advantage. See Linguistic Profile requirement below.
• Regularly weekly, between Tuesday and Friday (each class is 1 hour and facilitator would need to be present 15 minutes before class).
• Reliable internet at home, computer and headset to host Zoom classes, Knowledge of the Zoom platform
• Must be able to perform duties in a manner that is non-judgemental and hold the belief that diversity makes us stronger
How will this opportunity benefit the volunteer?
Opportunity to stay engaged during the pandemic
Opportunity to give back to the community
Opportunity to share and build existing skills
Opportunity to build new skills
Opportunity to gain new skills towards career development
Share this volunteer opportunity